Friday, October 24, 2014

Grace

Yesterday afternoon my youngest had a long overdue play date with a friend. Which meant I had the rare afternoon alone with my firstborn.So we had lunch at a local eatery where we can safely navigate our numerous food intolerances and allergies.



Except somehow I was contaminated with SOMETHING and today I feel pretty terrible. Aching joints, massive headache, skin sensitivity, and the classic moodiness and brain fog. I feel like I've got the flu mixed with one too many margaritas mixed with a hangover. No bueno.

Grace. One of the things that's truly awesome about homeschooling. If the teacher is down for a bit, it means the students get a looser schedule and additional free play time. Which, at this age, is never a bad thing, IMO.

Today is one of those days. The lessons were completely discombobulated and out of order and I couldn't focus to save my life. We managed to muddle through, but the day was schizophrantic and I'm glad it's over. This afternoon's Picasso lesson is going to be put off until next week and the boys will get an extra long recess or quiet time. Today has been the hardest day of homeschool so far this year. I'm focusing on leaning into the Holy Spirit to help strengthen me and give me Joy. I'm at the end of myself today. Only He can fill the gaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment